Saturday, December 2, 2006

Commenting as a Maiden (or squire)

Yes, that is the word squire that you see up there. I couldn't think of a word to use for young men, other than "young men" for a long time. But as I was thinking about it, I came up with the idea that we are the maidens training to be noble ladies (if you look those two words up in the dictionary it is a wonderful combination). So the young men are squires in training to be knights. Moving along...

I have looked at many blogs and their comments. Some of them have rules set, others don't, and then some just expect the readers to use common sense. If you are a maiden or lady, your posts will be more feminine. Gently written, yet not afraid to state the truth. And of course you squires and knights and squires will comment more masculine. As Christians, we all have standards to follow. I might address the topic of maidens commenting in a feminine manner later. As for now, I will address one thing that seems to be key in the way we comment.

Proverbs 16:13 Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value a man who speaks the truth. When I entered the word "truth" in the search box on biblegateway.com, I got 228 results. It is obviously important. I was going to quote Ephesians 4:15, but I read the first part of the chapter and decided that it would not do to just take a bit from what makes it whole. Of all the rules that I could think of for commenting conduct, one stuck out in my mind the most. Speak the truth in love. That sums up Eph. 4:15. If we speak the truth always, but not harshly, then our comments should not have problems. (disregarding foul language, etc) And I do not just mean the truth as in "thou shall not lie", I mean the truth that we are called to walk in. The Truth, and the law. We should not be afraid to state what is true with love. Not happy bubbly smiley love, but the kind of love that would cause you to not fellowship someone because of their actions. Because you love them. That is the truth.

Now that I have gotten past the wall of getting my first post up, you will be seeing more of me. I have plenty to talk about and plenty I would love to hear about. There are many ideas that I am coming up with...so look for new posts. Have a blessed week everyone!

Paige ;)

1 comment:

Paige said...

No comments??? We would LOVE to hear from you! (hint hint) We are getting hits from a few places, and I don't know who they are from. If you wouldn't mind, we would be very glad to know who you are! All you need is a google account and a screen name (no, you don't have to use your real name or have any of that information appear) and you can comment. I would encourage all of you to also check out the links that we have.

Paige