Thursday, December 14, 2006

This Is Not My Day

OK, I know that everyone has had one of those days where they look in the mirror and say "this has not been my day". Everything seems to be going wrong (almost everything). So to talk about it anymore would be a bit cliche. Well, I just had two of those days in a row. At the end of the second one, I leaned against the door feeling defeated and sighed "this has really not been my day". I had to deal with a mother who wanted her daughter in a different class (long story) then deal with one of my grumpy higher ups (I want to be my own boss), back pain, other junk. It really did not feel like my day. Well, later as I was journaling in my prayer notebook, the words that I had said earlier hit me square in the face. "This was not my day"...well, it really wasn't my day. Not at all. Psalm 118:24 says "This is the day that the Lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it". That exact verse came to mind as I was journaling. (perhaps I will blog on journaling some other time...) It is the Lords day. Everyday.

I wrote this verse down on a sticky note and put it on my mirror. Now I see it and remember it every time I look in the mirror. I am memorizing it so that when I look in my own mirror for reflection I can see it there too. It is funny how such a verse can mean something one day, and then something happens and you gain a whole new perspective on the verse, while keeping the old one. Maybe that defeated feeling at the end of the day was me finally giving in and deciding "No, this isn't my day. But I am going to rejoice in it, because it is the Lord's day." I encourage those of you who are in the midst of finals, work, or just "bad" days, to remember that it really isn't your day. But that is alright.

In Christ,

Paige =)

4 comments:

Kayleigh said...

That is deffenatly true. Far too many times we hae the thought that, everything needs to go our way...but it doesn't. This is deffenaltly encouraging, and that verse might just end up on my mirror very soon. :)

Love Kayleigh

P.S. I really hope you are feeling better! :)

Paige said...

It is definitely one of those verses that you can use in certain times.I have it memorized now. Oh,thank you Kayleigh, I am feeling better. I can't wait to get my stitches out soon =) I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Paige

Renee said...

hey, I saw your comment on my brother's site and I just wanted to stop by and say, "hi!"

BTW, I really liked your post!

-rk

Paige said...

Hello Renee! I am SO glad that you stopped by! It was so nice meeting you. I regreted not trading contacts before. Thank you for saying hello!

Hannah :)