Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Just A Few Words

Hello,
Yes I know, I'm finally blogging! My schedule has been packed with school work, and since I have to blog here at the library it makes everything even more difficult. Anyway today I'll be sharing two poems I have written in the past four years. They are both about praising God and I'll just ask one question and then you can read them. If rocks and flowers can praise Him, what is stopping our praise?


A Lily of Fair White

I am a lily of fair white,
I know and was made by The Lily of The Valley.
I, from my perch of rippling waters watch goldfish,
And laugh as I watch frogs hop-leap from my home to others.

I am a lily of fair white,
I know and was made by The Rose of Sharon.
I watch people gasp and exclaim over my beauty,
Oh, how they would gasp and shout at my Artist's face.

I am a lily of fair white,
I know and was made by The Whitest Lily alive.
I sigh as the great, golden red sun sinks,
And think of that Great Son that made the sun and I.


Your Praise

Your praise I raise.
Your praise is like drinking warm tea.
Your praise is my strength,
And your praise fills my heart.

Your praise I raise.
Your praise is like a warm sun, brightening the day,
Your praise, even the rocks cry out.
And your praise causes the earth to make a glad shout.

Your praise I raise.
Praise, rise to your Divine recipient.
Your praise causes people to cry,
And your praise makes people sing "How great is our God".

Your praise I raise.
Your praise echoing through a building could cause glass to shatter.
Your praise creates peace within.
And your praise fills earth, heaven, and sky.



P.S.- I have a prayer request. The three youngest of my six cousins are all sick with chicken pox. If you could pray for restoration of health I would appreciate it. Their ages are eight, three, and almost two.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

I love your poems Alena dear! They speak the truth and that should be spoken more often. The fact that all of creation cries out to the Glory of the Father (hmm, I think that sounds familiar:). There is this song that all these young southern folks sing in church that says: "Ain't no rock gonna cry in my place/As long as I'm alive I'll glorify your holy name". I think that your poem says it in a more refined way, but the fact remains that we are to glorify the Lord in all that we do. I miss you so very much dear, I am coming to visit you if I have to walk (and that would not be pretty considering what I would have to walk through, so pray that I find another way;~)

Love,
Caitlin

Paige said...

Lovely poems Alena! I think that Caitlin said all that I would say. We used to sing a song with our old church called "Ain't No Rock". A bit southern, yes. But a good song to sing. It would be good with music. Just like a lot of the Church of Christ songs. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Love,

Paige