Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What it's worth...

When I put those extra periods at the end of a post, it usually means I am going to expand on something. The video below is one someone made with the song "Love is not a Fight" by Warren Barfield (that song you just had to hear after watching the "Fireproof" trailer). The lyrics are in the video. I encourage you to listen to it, and read them. This song is so amazing for me to listen to. When my thoughts begin to wander about aimlessly, I like to listen to it. Things like this remind me that the love I'm saving my first kiss for, and the love I'm trying to keep my heart for, is going to be a love that is literally worth fighting for. That's what I'm waiting for.



Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
-Song of Songs 8:4

Place me like a seal over your heart,like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.
-Song of Songs 8:6-7

-Paige

2 comments:

Alena said...

Oh, Paige, how amazing and profound that song is. I am overjoyed that you posted this to encourage other maidens.
I know it encouraged me, and I pray that it blesses and challenges many.
in His love,
Alena

Lindsey said...

Beautiful song, very inspiring. :-)

-Lindsey Ann Bledsoe