A great man will be remembered on Monday. A man who changed his community, America, and the world. I would like to say that Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is one of the most honorable men I have ever read about. His legacy is so powerful, how could he be anything less than honorable. Not only did he carry out God's command to "love your neighbor as yourself" but he also accomplished much academically. Reverend King was also a family man. He married Coretta Scott King, and they had four children who are still alive today. Probably the most amazing aspect of Dr. King's life is that he protested with peace, even when attempts were made on the lives of his colleagues and his family. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard his struggle must of been. But, Dr. King never wavered. He never changed his tune. Every march was carried out peacefully, and every speech was given peacefully. Here is a man of self discipline and solid morals. Dr. King has also done a great deal for me specifically. You see, if Dr. King hadn't fought for the right, my mom and her family would have never have immigrated from Jamaica to America. In short, I wouldn't be alive. I am deeply grateful to Dr. King, his family, and all other men and women who bled, sacrificed, and died for me. Cheers to the man who made my world what it is today. I honor you Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. for everything you've done for me, my family, and my world.
In His Love,
Alena
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Amen, excellent post Alena dear! Dr. King certainly left a wonderful legacy. And to think, you may not be here if it wasn't for his and other people's efforts! I don't even want to think about it. Love and miss you very much my dear sister in Christ.
Caitlin;~)
P.S. Retreat was rather dreary, would have loved to have you there splashing through puddles with me:~)
I wouldn't want to think of me not existing either! Wish I had been with you too! Thanks for commenting.
Love,
Alena
Post a Comment