Monday, May 5, 2008

The Grass is Greener???

The first time my family saw our future home in Florida, we all responded with different degrees of dismay. We thought the place ugly, and very dismal. I was sure I'd be perfectly miserable living here, and I missed my old life in Arkansas. I couldn't wait to get out, and go somewhere. Anywhere.
As most of you know, I just returned from visiting Caitlin and Paige. I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed every moment of it. But, when I returned home, I was ecstatic. I screamed as loud as I dared, when the plane landed. Then, I saw my family!!! I jumped up and down with delight. As we drove home, past all the familiar landmarks , I drank in the sights. I was SO glad to be home! I didn't even think it was possible to miss Florida as much as I did! Honestly, I hated this place, not too long ago. Now, I love it. Don't want to be anywhere else. Imagine that. From abhorrence to joyful acceptance.



The grass is greener on the other side? I think not.

Blessings,
Alena

5 comments:

Lindsey Ann Bledsoe said...

Isn't it amazing how God always provides opportunities and situations that allow us to content ourselves where we are in life?

Sometimes I just want to smack myself for being so blind to them, and not realizing.

Fortunately, he's a merciful God. :-)

Glad you're happy in Florida now!

Alena said...

Thanks a bunch, Lindsey!

God is indeed merciful, and so good. Too good.

Blessings,
Alena

Grace said...

I'm so glad you are happy in Florida now!

Seth said...

I'm glad you're happy here too. I had a really great time helping out at VBS last week. Rip and Curl were hilarious! Do you remember my last name? Post it if you do!

Alena said...

Thanks Grace!
Seth Aland, you are crazy!!! :)
Rip and Curl were great!
blessings and laughter,
Alena